There are some key principles a web app should try to observe to be identified as a PWA. It should be:
- Discoverable, so the contents can be found through search engines.
- Installable, so it’s available on the device’s home screen.
- Linkable, so you can share it by simply sending a URL. * Network independent, so it works offline or with a poor network connection.
- Progressive, so it’s still usable on a basic level on older browsers, but fully-functional on the latest ones.
- Re-engageable, so it’s able to send notifications whenever there’s new content available.
- Responsive, so it’s usable on any device with a screen and a browser — mobile phones, tablets, laptops, TVs, fridges, etc.
- Safe, so the connection between you and the app is secured against any third parties trying to get access to your sensitive data.