- You need to learn how to set up GraphQL. The ecosystem is still rapidly evolving so you have to keep up.
- You need to send the queries from the client, you can just send strings but if you want more comfort and caching you’ll use a client library -> extra code in your client
- You need to define the schema beforehand => extra work before you get results
- You need to have a graphql endpoint on your server => new libraries that you don’t know yet
- Graphql queries are more bytes than simply going to a REST endpoint
- The server needs to do more processing to parse the query and verify the parameters